We are celebrating 50 years since the Meeting House was opened.
Quakers became active in Chesterfield in the 1670s. In 1677 they built their first Meeting house, with a second house in 1697 off the Saltergate. This was rebuilt in 1770 and enlarged in 1799. It was acquired by the council in 1971 and demolished by 1974.
The current meeting house at the corner of Brockwell Lane and Ashgate Road was opened in 1972. and is celebrating its 50th anniversary.Chesterfield-LM